Taiwanese technology giant MediaTek plans to expand its line of processors Helio and is preparing to introduce a new 10-core chipset X30. According to reports, the processor will receive unprecedented computing power and the latest graphics accelerator Mali-T880. Helio X30 will be built on the new architecture FinFET with 16-nm process technology. The maximum amount of RAM supported will be 4 GB type LPDDR4 with frequency of 1600 MHz, furthermore, officially supports standard eMMC 5.1.
The processor will include several clusters of cores:
– 4 core Cortex-A72 with a frequency of 2.5 GHz;
– 2 core Cortex-A72 at 2 GHz;
– 2 core Cortex-A53 1.5 GHz;
– 2 core Cortex-A53 at 1GHz.
Smartphones on the new chipsets will also support high-resolution cameras:
– 40 megapixels with the ability to capture video at 24 frames / s;
– 16 megapixels with the ability to capture video at 60 frames / s;
– 8 MP with the ability to shoot video of 120 frames / sec.
Most likely, the massive supply of X30 begin in December, and the emergence of the first smartphones on Helio X30 should be expected no earlier than 2016.