Gionee Company held a large-scale presentation, in which introduced a smartphone Marathon M5, equipped with two batteries of 3010 mAh each. To optimize the charging process, each is equipped with its own battery charge controller. Marathon M5 also features advanced power-saving mode: when the battery is 5% smartphone can work in standby mode for 62 hours. That incredible figure was achieved not only by increasing battery capacity, but also by optimizing the software. Marathon M5 supports fast charging and can replenish the battery at the same time with two other smartphones.
Due to the double battery manufacturer had to increase the thickness of the body to 8.5 mm. However, it should be noted that the thickness at the edges gradually decreases and is 4.75 mm.
Specifications of Marathon M5:
– 5.5-inch AMOLED-display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels;
– quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor with a frequency of 1.5 GHz;
– graphics accelerator Mali-T720 MP2;
– 2 GB of RAM LPDDR3;
– 16 GB of internal storage + memory card slot;
– 13-megapixel main camera with the ability to shoot Full HD-video;
– 5-megapixel front camera with a viewing angle of 84 °;
– LTE, Wi-Fi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / A-GPS, microUSB 2.0;
– Dimensions: 152 x 76 x 8.5 mm;
– Weight: 214 grams;
– OS: Amigo 3.1 (Android 5.1 Lollipop).
Dual-SIM-version of Gionee Marathon M5 goes on sale on June 25 in black, white and gold colors for price of $ 370.